Friday 1 November 2013

Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition

After the Canon 5D induction I talked to Matt Burton about which camera would be best to film my sea footage with. I knew that the Canon was not waterproof and didn't have a casing for it, so I discussed using the GoPro's I knew had a casing. I was at first concerned that filming with two different cameras, the Canon with the green screen and actor and the GoPro with the sea footage, would not edit well together. However if I ensure all the camera settings are the same and shooting in the same format, then I will be able to edit quite smoothly between the two. 

Once I had confirmed I could use the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition, I decided to look at other peoples footage of waves and underwater. I was really impressed with the results and really excited to shoot my own footage.

The only issue with using a GoPro is the image is distorted into fisheye footage as the camera and lense is so small, however this is apparently easy to fix with the GoPro's free editing software.



No comments:

Post a Comment