Thursday 28 November 2013

Salmon

After my intensive research, the most common food grizzly bears eat are salmon which come in a wide variety of species. Most of them are really sort after by fishermen as they are in high demand for human consumption. So I have decided to use salmon as my dedicated species when animating the fish.

Below is a diagram of the different species of salmon, which all have visual variations, which may or may not be known by the everyday person, however these details will give my film credibility and authenticity. 
(image source: http://www.epa.gov/wed/pages/staff/lackey/pubs/illusion.htm)

As I haven't decided which medium my salmon fish will be animated in, I looked into the general animation of fish swimming and struggling and their bone structure. This video was really interesting to watch and a great reference.

I then went onto drawing some concept sketches on the visual look of the fish in different positions and different amounts of detailing, whilst sticking to my films aesthetic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment