Monday 25 November 2013

Seth Boyden


Abduckted from Seth Boyden on Vimeo.

This beautiful animation popped up on my Vimeo timeline this week, and was created during the CalArts event 48 hour animations. During this event, their animation students were given the task to create an animation under their set theme, in 48 hours. Each person is expected to do an animation each, but also collaborate and help on other people's short films. This year their theme was 'Duck', where Seth Boyden took the theme and twisted it to make an interesting and funny story on a group of ducks abDUCKting an evil human hunter. I thought the storyline was really well developed and the visual style was so so beautiful. I love his use of water colour and how each layer was coloured one limiting flickering, yet retaining the visual style. His work really reminds me of the illustrator Scott C, who's work I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment