Monday 25 November 2013

Shishi Yamazaki


Showreel 2010 - 2013 from Shishi Yamazaki on Vimeo.

In my first year I mentioned Shishi's work as being one of my biggest influences. She mainly works using rotoscoping methods, but has since developed into doing hand drawn animation sections in her work too, flowing between the two methods seamlessly. This makes her work interesting and beautiful to watch. What I love about her work the most however is the use of different mediums, swapping between crayon, water colour, acrylic and pencil.

Notably the frames in which water colour is used, are in fact my favourite sections, as the water splodges and changes in colour tone give the work further depth and makes it look more visually interesting, however I am unsure if this would work in an animation aimed at young children as it may just be too distracting. So I am now not sure how to create this work in the visual style that my client wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment