Tuesday 15 October 2013

All Art Competition- Pop Culture

I stumbled across All Art when looking at possible briefs to undertake, and was interested to find the amount of competitions they had on offer. You have to pay a small fee to enter the competition, but the prize is to exhibit in a gallery. My only issue with this is the digital entries won't be shown in the gallery and will just be on their website, which I think is a real shame and to me I could spend that money better by entering different more worthwhile competitions for my practice. I did find two of their briefs interesting though.

One of their competitions that caught my eye was the 'Pop Culture Animation Competition', which looks at culture icons and popular mass media items. I would really enjoy looking into this and how different countries has their own set of culture icons, and what future trends might be. I could also look down more of an animation route, in which animations have made it into the 'Pop Culture' branding.

http://allartcompetitions.com/art-competition/pop-culture-call-for-entries/#.UlQU5xZ41ho


Their 'Constant Connection Animation Competition' really interested me as often I question if technology is starting to take over our lives and the constant phone upgrades and laptop malfunctions which are due to the products being built to only last a few years. Surly there is more to life than having the latest Iphone and showing off about it by constantly texting or checking Facebook in public constantly. This is definitely and issue that annoys me and I could easily create work for this competition.

http://allartcompetitions.com/art-competition/constant-connection-call-for-entries/#.UlQVKRZ41ho

No comments:

Post a Comment