Tuesday 15 October 2013

Penguin book cover

This is an editorial illustration competition, which is extremely popular and with an ever-growing number of applicants. The Penguin Book Cover Competition takes place every year, where a specific book is chosen to have it's book jacket redesigned. This year the book is 'What a Carve Up!' by Jonathan Coe, which I personally have never heard of or read, which means it would be extremely difficult to create a meaningful and well thought out cover, unless I read the book. This may be a project to consider doing for my PPP module instead as I also feel the brief is too small and easily could be completed in a few days if not a day. The prize however would be really good for my work, as you get £1000 cash, which I could use to buy animation equipment, as well as an internship at Penguin's offices which would help with my pursue to create work for children.

http://www.penguin.co.uk/static/cs/uk/0/minisites/penguindesignaward/penguin_brief.php

No comments:

Post a Comment