Monday 14 October 2013

Commarts illustration competition

For this module I want to push myself to develop my drawing style, whether that be through illustration, animation or pre-production work. I also wanted a more defined outcome, so a brief which wasn't too open ended or too self-directed would be best for me. The competitions and live briefs I have been looking at reflect these personal development needs.

The first brief I came across was the illustration competition held by Commarts where you can enter in animations, this caught my eye as your work is published and distributed world wide, meaning my work would gain a wider audience. The only downside of this competition is there is no brief, and you can enter any work, which doesn't push me to work for a client. This is a good competition to keep in mind however, as I may be able to enter in whatever work I produce in this module as well.

http://www.commarts.com/competitions/illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment