Tuesday 22 October 2013

Childrens Media Conferance

For the Responsive brief, I have chosen to create a trans-media story aimed at young children. I had heard about the Childrens Media Conference before but never was able to attend, however now I am creating work which is suitable for the festival it would make sense for me to look into attending. It would also be a fantastic opportunity for networking not only for myself but for Alex the writer of the story I am creating. I have discussed attending with Alex, and the potential businesses and companies which have attended in the past, and we are drawing up a business plan of how to advertise our work and potentially get funding/backing/taken on by a company there. It is a large ambition and understandably won't come easy, however we are wanting the work to be at a standard which we would be their competitors.

Last years festival had a wide range of talks, varying from fun song and film making activities, to more serious discussions about child welfare and child sexual orientation. Although my work for this project is aimed at pre-schoolers, I feel all of these talks would have influenced how I work.

This years schedule isn't out yet, but they have confirmed it is taking place early July.

http://www.thechildrensmediaconference.com/events/cmc-2014/

No comments:

Post a Comment