Friday 25 October 2013

Equipment induction

Today we spent the morning learning how to set up different pieces of high-end equipment ready for our VFX production. Although I have worked with all of these pieces of equipment on set before, I have never learnt how to use them myself as usually I am working within the Art Department. 

It was great to get a good understanding of how to set it all up, but also how to use the equipment and overcome problems you may find along the way. After everything was set up we all had different roles in the production, with myself being one of the actors. As I was in front of the camera I didn't have any first hand experience with the equipment, but could look at what everyone else was doing whilst we weren't on film. 

Overall it was a really useful session, and I have definitely learnt a lot and feel more comfortable with how to work everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment