Tuesday 15 October 2013

Frankie Magazine contributor

I decided to look into editorial briefs so I don't limit my work to just moving image. I initially struggled to find any which interested me, but when looking at magazines I regularly buy and read (namely Oh Comely and Frankie), I found that they have submissions to be a contributor to the magazine, whether that is writing articles, taking pictures or illustrating for them. The Frankie magazine contributor brief really interests me, however it again isn't a limited brief. I am definitely going to apply for this in the future though, as it is an open brief and you can contact them at any point. What is great about Frankie magazine is it's an Australian publication but sold to independent retailers worldwide, which would give me a completely different audience. The magazine itself is seen as an indie publication, focusing on handcrafted items, beautiful homely articles and pretty illustrations which draws an audience of artists and crafters as well as people with an eye for kitsch aesthetics, which is the market I feel my work fits under other than for children.

http://www.frankie.com.au/submission-details/submissions

No comments:

Post a Comment